Meet Peter Clark
Peter Clark is the owner of the Les Mazures environmentally friendly guest house, in Beaumetz, in Somme.
Based in France since 2007, Peter is originally from Ipswich, a town located in the East of England, at the mouth of the River Orwell in “Butterman’s bay”, a maritime environment which is reminiscent of the Somme Bay, of which he is particularly fond.
Located halfway between Amiénois and the Somme Bay, in the heart of a garden retreat, Les Mazures is a modern Picardy farmhouse which includes 3 guestrooms opening onto a 7000m² enclosed garden preserving the biodiversity. The flowery enclosed plot and its meadow adjoining the organic vegetable garden provide the food for the table d’hôtes hosted by Peter and Vincent who always delight in varying the dishes and sharing their attachment to the Hauts-de-France Region with their guests.
The following is what Peter especially enjoys about Hauts-de-France:
- the positive energy and respect for the environment
- the options available to relax and recharge, especially the wide open spaces
- a shared heritage with England, in terms of history, culture and legacy
- a rich cultural offer: a wide choice of museums and cultural activities
- the fine food and, in particular, the cheese!